Adults Get Poisoned, Too.
In fact, most poisoning deaths happen to adults, not to children. Like all injuries, poisoning can be prevented. These tips will protect you and your loved ones.
Prevent Adult Poisoning PDF
- Don’t guess. . .Be sure! Read labels on all medicines and products. Follow the instructions exactly.
- Turn on the lights before taking medicine. Put on your glasses if you wear them. Check to make sure you are taking the right product, at the right time, in the right amount.
- Store food, medicines, and household products each in separate places.
- Keep household products in their original containers. Don’t pour into cups or unmarked bottles.
- Lock all medicines and products out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not mix household products together. You could make a poisonous gas.
- Install carbon monoxide alarms.
- Keep the poison center number near every phone and program the poison center phone number (1-800-222-1222) in every cell phone. Call anytime of the day or night if you have a question or need help.