Missouri Poison Center Poison Prevention Week Poster Contest
Calling all K-4th grade students, we need your help!
National Poison Prevention Week is March 17-23, 2019 and each year the Missouri Poison Center hosts a poster contest for students to draw, paint, and color their messages about poison safety. Poster entries must be received by Friday, February 15, 2019.
The contest is open to all K through 4th graders in St. Louis City and County schools. All posters from each school may be sent together. Posters may be mailed or hand-delivered during business hours to: Missouri Poison Center, 7980 Clayton Road, Suite 200, St. Louis, MO 63117.
- Student’s name, grade level, and school must be printed or labeled on the back of each poster (please make sure the names are legible and the ink does not bleed through the poster).
- The theme is poison prevention/safety. Ideas may include: Know the Poison Help number 1-800-222-1222 / Children Act Fast, So Do Poisons / Lock up Poisons / Safe Dosage and Safe Storage of Medicine.
A student loves her grandma and grandpa and draws a poster of two old people wearing their glasses and reading the labels on their medicine bottles.
A student likes puppies and draws a poster about a dog fetching a lock for the medicine cabinet.
A student likes genies and draws a poster about making a wish that everybody stays safe from poisons.
Stimulate their young minds and they will come up with all sorts of great ideas.
- Entries can illustrate a message that communicate that poisonings can happen to people of any age including babies, children, adults and grandparents.
- One Artist per poster please.
- Entries should be no larger than 11” X 17”. Use big letters and keep drawings simple. Any art medium may be used. A tip is to use bright, bold, and contrasting colors. Double check the spelling. Commonly misspelled words are: medicine, caution, poison, health, safety, Hotline: 1-800-222-1222.
- ALL entries will receive a gift.
- One poster will be selected as the overall Grand Prize Winner. Five posters (one winner from each grade level) will be selected as 1st Place Winners.
- Winners will be announced on Friday, March 1, 2019 (winners teacher will be contacted).
- The winners will be invited to an Awards Ceremony at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital on Wednesday, March 20, 2019.
- The winning posters will be displayed at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital during Poison Prevention Week, March 17 – 23, 2019.
- If you have questions, or would like one of the educators to visit your classroom and add a bit of inspiration, please call the Missouri Poison Center education office at 314-612-5719.